West Metro Fire Rescue offers these programs for Elementary Schools located within our fire protection district:
- For the Elementary School Physical Education teachers: We invite the PE teachers to schedule our firefighters to visit your school and deliver hands-on safety presentations to the students. We will schedule presentations over 2-3 days to meet with all your students through their scheduled specials classes for the PE classes. Each grade level will receive a customized, age-appropriate, hands-on safety presentation. Delivered to individual classrooms in the school gym.
- Kindergarten – getting to school safely – by bus, by car, by foot or by bike
- 1st grade – smoke alarms, crawl low under smoke
- 2nd grade – bike and helmet safety
- 3rd grade – fire safety – have a safe meeting place
- 4th grade – pedestrian safety
- 5th grade – burn prevention
- 6th grade – brain injury prevention
- For the Preschool and Elementary School grade-level classroom teachers: individual classrooms (preschool- Grade 6) may “opt in” to our Classroom Kids Club. Each month participating classrooms will receive an email containing seasonal safety activity forms for the classroom. These safety activities are based on seasonal risk topics They take only a few minutes to complete in the classroom. Participating classrooms are entered into a monthly drawing for a store gift card after completing the activity and a brief online survey
In addition, we offer programs to:
- The school PTA/PTO and/or accountability groups: A planning packet for special events. Included are the scheduling forms for silent auctions, guidelines for special events, permit forms, and an invitation to coordinate annual “Walk to School Day” events at your school. Please ask your PTA/PTO Representative to contact me for more information.
- For the Front Office Staff: “Opt in” to receive monthly email messages from us with seasonal safety tips for your school newsletter and information regarding events, programs and services available to your students and families, please email me with a contact person’s name and email address.
Opting in is easy! Just email Susan Saito
with your name, grade and school (or front office staff person’s contact information).
Please feel free to contact Susan Saito
or (720) 963-6330 with any questions regarding our programs and services.