15100 W. Sixth Ave.
Ph: (303) 989-4307
Emergency: Dial 911
West Metro Fire Rescue Station 6 is located south of Sixth Avenue on the Sixth Avenue service road directly west of Indiana Street. Station 6 is across the street from the Jefferson County Fairgrounds, which are home to the Westernaires, a well-known horsemanship organization.
Station 6’s response area includes:
- Colorado Mill Mall (a 200-acre property of retail stores and restaurants)
- Dense commercial properties
- Red Rocks Community College (full-time enrollment of 5,000 students)
- Three major highways: Interstate 70, C-470, and Sixth Avenue
- West line for RTD light rail system (currently under construction)
- Wildland-urban interface properties
Engine 6 responded to 1,132 calls for service in 2009. Station 6’s response area borders the City of Golden and includes a dual response area with the Pleasantview Fire Department. In addition to the dual-response area, this station responds under mutual aid agreements with the Pleasant View and Golden Fire departments.